“They say a good love is one that sits you down, gives you a drink of water, and pats you on top of the head. But I say a good love is one that casts you into the wind, sets you ablaze, makes you burn through the skies and ignite the night like a phoenix; the kind that cuts you loose like a wildfire and you can’t stop running simply because you keep on burning everything that you touch! I say that’s a good love; one that burns and flies, and you run with it!”
― C. JoyBell C.
Wildfires that touch our hearts
From the New York Times Article: In “Skyfaring,” a superb chronicle of his career as an airline pilot, Mark Vanhoenacker makes jet travel seem uncanny and intriguing all over again, finding delight in clouds, airports, rainstorms, fuel loads, sky gates, fragments of jargon, lonely electric lights on the plain, suns that rise and set four times in a single daylong journey and the fanciful names of waypoints on flight maps (one near Kansas City is BARBQ; another near St. Louis is AARCH).
From Good Reads: Barnstormer, World War II fighter, pioneering test pilot, aerobatic genius—Bob Hoover is a true American hero. Now, in Forever Flying, he tells his amazing story, sharing all the thrills and chills, spectacular stunts and death-defying exploits that have made him a living aviation legend.
From Amazon: In the cloud-washed airspace between the cornfields of Illinois and blue infinity, a man puts his faith in the propeller of his biplane. For disillusioned writer and itinerant barnstormer Richard Bach, belief is as real as a full tank of gas and sparks firing in the cylinders …until he meets Donald Shimoda – former mechanic and self-described messiah who can make wrenches fly and Richard’s imagination soar…In Illusions, the unforgettable follow-up to his phenomenal New York Times bestseller Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Richard Bach takes to the air to discover the ageless truths that give our souls wings: that people don’t need airplanes to soar …that even the darkest clouds have meaning once we lift ourselves above them …and that messiahs can be found in the unlikeliest places – like hay fields, one-traffic-light mid-western towns, and most of all, deep within ourselves.
Private Pilot Ground School – Primary Training and Refresher Course
Date: March 02 – May 18, 2016 from 06:00 PM – 09:30 PM (date changed)
Contact Person: Bob McCabe, CFI, AGI, IGI, FAA Safety Counselor
Location: Freefight Aviation 60 Fostertown Road, Medford, New Jersey, 08055, Flying W Airport (N14)
- This course covers all aeronautical knowledge items required for Private Pilot certification.
- At course completion, students who pass a sample test will receive an endorsement to take the FAA Knowledge Test. (There is no limit to the number of times you may take the sample test).
- Experienced pilots may attend the sessions of their choice as an excellent refresher. ($30 per session)
- Rusty pilots will find this training a great way to get back in the game. • This is a complete Private Pilot Ground School, not just a test preparation course. • Classes will be held Wednesday evenings from 6 to 9:30 pm at Freeflight Aviation. A course syllabus is available upon request.
- To enroll or request additional information, contact the instructor Bob McCabe at 856-912-5329 or Freeflight Aviation at 609-265-0399. Please provide Proof of Citizenship is required prior to attending classes. (Acceptable documents per the TSA are at current passport or birth certificate with raised seal and photo ID) to Freeflight Aviation prior to attending classes.
- Textbooks and materials sold separately (approx. $125)
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: Bob McCabe is a certificated flight instructor and advanced and instrument ground instructor with more than 3000 hours flight time and 20 years of teaching experience.
He is a former flight school owner, corporate instructor, and adjunct college professor. He holds the rank of Colonel in the Civil Air Patrol and has served as New Jersey Wing Commander, mission pilot, instructor pilot, check pilot and cadet orientation pilot. Bob is a volunteer FAA Safety Counselor for the Philadelphia Flight Standards District and has presented dozens of seminars on a wide range of safety related topics. He has been an invited speaker to aviation and other organizations in local and national venues.
In 2014, Bob received the General Aviation Certificated Flight Instructor of the Year Award representing the FAA’s Eastern Region, and again in 2015 representing the Philadelphia Flight Standards District.
COMMENTS FROM FORMER STUDENTS – ”Best explanation of aerodynamics I’ve ever had”, “Great experience! Helped me build confidence”, “Exceeded my expectations”, “The open exchange of ideas, knowledge and experience of someone who’s been there were a great benefit”, “After many many years of classroom and practical instruction I can state unequivocally that Bob McCabe is the best teacher I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I had ground school training from Bob which was clear, concise, entertaining and informative. Absolutely the BEST!”
The Gift from the Heart
Love is in the Air! Make two hearts as one and share your flight!